Introduction (Runtime 3:22 mins)
In this comprehensive tutorial Paul gives and overview of
the Micro XL and explains what makes it a very capable and well
Selecting Sounds (Runtime 3:29 mins)
Learn quickly how to select sounds using the control knobs and switches.
Quick Edits/Write Command (Runtime 7:03
In this video Paul explains how to use the quick edit knob for selecting quick parameters to edit and saving any changes made to the program.
Quick Filter Edits (Runtime 4:27 mins)
Paul explains how to select and modify filter edits from the quick edits controls.
Quick Amp Edits (Runtime 4:02 mins)
Paul shows how to select and modify amp (amplitude) edits from the quick edit controls.
Quick Effects Edits (Runtime 3:37 mins)
Quick Arp Edits (Runtime 4:45
Paul explains how to use the arpeggiator quick edits to adjust step parameters and gate time.
Full Edit Introduction (Runtime 5:29 mins)
This video gives an overview of how to access the full edit menus and also gives pointers on when you would use full edit over quick edits.
9. Common Edits (Runtime 5:16 mins)
In this video you'll understand the common edits (those edits in full mode that effect the entire program.
10. Knob Assignments (Runtime 2:01 mins)
This video explains how to change what parameters are being controlled with the assignable knobs for each program.
11. Unison Functions (Runtime 3:16 mins)
Learn how to quickly thicken the sound of a program using the Unison function.
12. Pitch Edits (Runtime 6:06 mins)
Paul explains how to access and edit the pitch edits in full edit mode.
13. OSC Edits (Runtime 7:43 mins)
In this video you'll learn how to adjust the oscillator edits in full edit mode, including changing wave forms.
14. Full Edit Filters (Runtime 6:13 mins)
15. Full Amp/Drive Edits (Runtime 7:38 mins)
16. EG Edits (Runtime 5:20 mins)
This explains how to edit the EG edits (Envelope Generator). These EGs will control how your sound changes over time after the key is pressed.
17. LFO/Patch Edits (Runtime 8:46 mins)
Learn how to change LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) parameters like rate and depth and route parameters from other pages to the LFO as a modulator to get effects like a police siren or tremelo.
18. EQ Edits (Runtime 3:00 mins)
19. Master Effects Edits (Runtime 4:27 mins)
20. Full Arp Edits (Runtime 8:24 mins)
21. Vocoder Full Edits (Runtime 15:50 mins)
This video gives an in-depth guide to the many parameters available to in vocoder full edit mode. You'll learn how to change carrier and modulation signals, routing, filtering, and many more.
22. Kaossilator Pro Introduction (Runtime 2:41 mins)
23. Controls and Connections (Runtime 10:58 mins)
Paul gives an overview of the connections and controls available on the Kaossilator Pro.
24. Internally Sampling (Runtime 7:08 mins)
This video explains how to record loops and samples played internally to be played back with pads A-D.
25. External Sampling (Runtime 2:42 mins)
In this video you'll learn how to record samples from external devices such as a keyboard or microphone to be played be played back with pads A-D.
26. Setting Phrase Length (Runtime 2:22 mins)
Paul explains how to determine the length of a recorded phrase based on measure length and beats.
27. Loop Edits (Runtime 2:02 mins)
28. Card Functions (Runtime 5:06 mins)
In this video you'll learn how to perform many functions that are associated with the SC card reader feature. You'll learn how to read, format, load, and save data. You'll also learn how to set up loops and samples to load everytime you boot up, a very handy feature!