|Instruction at a fraction of the cost of lessons.
|Learn the Fantom G in hours, not months!
|Email questions to email@example.com
This product tutorial set is for the Roland Fantom G keyboard workstation . Our videos dig deep and explore practical and useful applications for the music creation process.
Our videos are available on region free DVD or Download, so virtually any computer can play them without having to worry about NTSC/PAL formatting. For your convenience, each lesson topic is covered in its own separate video clip. This allows the user to more easily navigate, pause, start, and stop the lesson at any point.
About the Author
Paul Duffey is veteran Workstation User/Instructor of 13+ years. He is also certified trainer and video content provider for other affiliates such as TechnicalLead.com.
Video Lesson List
Disk 1 - Sound Editing
1. Introduction (Runtime 3:09mins)
In this video you'll get an overview of work flow on song mode for the Fantom G.
2. Play Modes (Runtime 5:54mins)
Explore the play modes and discover how they relate to one another.
3. Selecting Sounds and Favorites (Runtime 7:09mins)
Paul explains how to navigate to different voice sounds using the bank selections.
4. Quick Edits and Save (Runtime 6:42mins)
Learn how to make front panel sound edits and save.
5. Part View (Runtime 9:17mins)
Learn how to change part parameters in order to customize your patch.
6. Control Tab (Runtime 8:09mins)
In this video Paul explains how to edit the control tab in order to manipulate sound parameters in real-time.
7. Selecting Rhythm (Runtime 3:05mins)
Discover how to swap out drum kits for playback during single mode.
8. Arpeggios (Runtime 7:14mins)
Learn how to select and edit arpeggios that playback patterns in real-time during single mode.
9. Chord Memory (Runtime 3:52mins)
In this video you'll learn how to set up and use the chord memory function. This special feature allows you to play complex chords with one key.
10. Zoom Edits (Runtime 13:44mins)
In this video you'll learn how to perform the first sub level of sound edits in single mode.
11. Pro Edits (Runtime 18:58mins)
In this lesson you'll learn how to perform the second level of sub edits which go even more in-depth and control every parameter of a patch in single mode.
12. Rythm Zoom Edits (Runtime 5:08mins)
This video explains how to access and perform zoom edits for rhythm sets.
13. Rhythm Pro Edits (Runtime 7:08mins)
Learn how to access and edit all of the in-depth rhytm parameters.
14. Sample Set Edits (Runtime 12:42mins)
The Roland Fantom G enables you to set up groups of samples. In this lesson you'll learn how to assign, edit and control these samples.
15. Live Play (Runtime 7:35mins)
In this video you'll get an overview of live mode and discover what parameters are accessed from the first play screen.
16. Part Mutes (Runtime 4:17mins)
This video shows you how to quickly and easily utilize the part mute functions in live mode.
17. Live Arpeggio Assignments (Runtime 2:24mins)
Learn how to edit and use arpeggios to play back designated parts in live mode.
18. Live Conventional Rhythm (Runtime 2:29mins)
This video shows the most easy and flexible way to set up rhythm patterns to play along with your parts in live mode using the arpeggiator.
19. Live Initialize and Save (Runtime 5:16mins)
Sometimes it's easier to create a live set from scratch. This video shows how to use the initialize command to start with a clean slate. You'll also learn how to save your custom live sets.
20. Single Effects (Runtime 7:44mins)
In this video you'll learn how to apply and edit effects to a patch in single mode.
21. Live/Studio Effects (Runtime 3:29mins)
This video explains how to apply and edit effects in live and studio mode. These modes vary quite a bit because more parts and multieffects are available.
22. Pad Phrase Play (Runtime 5:20mins)
This video shows how to set up and edit rhythm patterns and rps patterns to be triggered for playback using the dynamic pads.
Disk 2 - Recording
23. Song Screen Overview (Runtime 6:01mins)
Paul gives a concise overview of song mode and the first song screen.
24. Real-Time Recording (Runtime 10:11mins)
In this lesson you'll learn how to perform real-time recording in song mode.
25. Song Save (Runtime 2:17mins)
Learn how to save recorded songs to transfer and backup.
26. Song Loop Functions (Runtime 3:06mins)
In this video you'll learn set up the song loop function in order to help in auditioning new recordings.
27. Real-Time Erase (Runtime 3:24mins)
Learn how to use the real-time erase feature to quickly erase selected notes while recording with the loop feature.
28. Arrange Phrase (Runtime 4:14mins)
Paul explains how to arrange phrases in song edit using a USB mouse.
29. Phrase Edits (Runtime 13:30mins)
This video explains how to edit, preview, and record new parts to phrases.
30. Phrase Step Recording (Runtime 2:46mins)
Learn how to use the Fantom G's step recording feature to record in precise notes. For some people this makes recording drums much easier.
31. Audio Recording (Runtime 3:22mins)
Jump into recording audio directly into tracks with the Fantom G. You'll learn which inputs to use, and all set up requirements.
32. Audio Editing (Runtime 10:01mins)
In this video you'll learn how to perform edits to recorded audio.
33. Resampling (Runtime 3:08mins)
This vidoe explains how use the Fantom G's resampling feature to record/sample from internal sounds and samples. This is a great way to reduce used parts and tracks.
34. Sample Modes (Runtime 7:15mins)
In this video you'll learn the difference sample modes used for recording audio, recording audio and internal sounds/samples, auto divide, etc.
35. Skipback Sampling (Runtime 2:27)
In addition to all other sampling modes, the Fantom G uses Roland's Skipback Sampling feature to recapture audio played and stores it in an automatic sampling buffer. This video shows how and when to use it.
36. Audio Loop Parameters (Runtime 2:17)
The Fantom G has the ability to loop samples to a designated BPM, which can change in real-time with the songs BPM. This lesson covers the parameters to enable this feature.
37. Recording Arpeggios (Runtime 3:10)
In addition to being able to play live with the arpeggiator you can also record into tracks. This video shows the steps and set ups for this useful feature.
38. Song Sample (Runtime 3:57)
This video shows the process for resampling and storing an entire song wav to be later burned to disk or converted to MP3.
39. System Edits (Runtime 7:44)
Paul explains some of the important system edits including changing backgrounds for the Fantom G and also discusses using USB drives for backup.